Writing Winning Medical, Healthcare and Pharmaceutical bids and tenders in New Zealand
Companies who we have helped write and win medical and healthcare industry bids and tenders in New Zealand
Our team of writers have helped a broad range of health and medical industry stakeholders write bids and tenders for contracts in both the government and private sector. These include:
- Pharmaceutical companies: We have helped both manufacturers, distributors and importers of pharmaceutical products tender to the to the government and private sector. Our experience extends to assisting with regulatory approval applications as well as general marketing collateral. These contracts are generally for the supply of prescription medications, over-the-counter drugs, vaccines and provision of pharmaceutical services (for example the operation of pharmacies inside a hospital). It is important to have strategic pricing, particularly where a product is going generic, as well as a robust distribution network and methodology in order to secure a contract.
- Medical Device Manufacturers: We have assisted medical device manufacturers to apply for equipment supply contracts and tender to the New Zealand government. The range of products is broad and includes diagnostic tools, surgical instruments and imaging equipment. In addition, there are some more generic products and devices such as thermometers which are also procured through a formal process. It is important focus on innovation and submitting bids to provide medical devices. Talk about how your product will lead to better patient outcomes. For example, does your product have more accuracy in terms of diagnosis or is it able to drive efficiencies by processing a higher volume of patients than other machinery? You need to talk about quality assurance and after sales service as well. This demonstrates to the procurement personnel that you are a credible supplier. In addition to medical devices, we have also helped clients who supply medical products such as gloves, hospital beds and other products to healthcare facilities across New Zealand.
- Healthcare IT and Software providers: IT and software has always made up a substantial component of medical and healthcare industry expenditure for both the government and private sector. Over recent years, and with the emergence of the medical implications of AI, the IT and software sector has continued to grow. The range of services, some of which we have helped clients tender to the public and private sector to provide, include maintaining electronic health records, introducing and providing telemedicine and telehealth support services, distributing practice management software and providing healthcare information systems. With any healthcare software, it is important to clearly outlined the features and functionality of the software using screenshots and videos. You also need to ensure you provide evidence to the reader that you will provide the appropriate support for the IT software or service over the length of the contract.
- Contract Research Organisations (CROs): We have helped CROs bid for contracts and also government and private sector grants. These are generally for clinical research, clinical trials and other general research activities.
- Health service providers: Our bid and tender writing consultants have helped health services providers which provide a range of different services. These include recruitment and agency / labour hire services for medical and healthcare personnel, provision of home healthcare services as well as tender for managed care. In order to be successful in these bids, you need you need to demonstrate a patient focused approach and show that you are interested in positive patient outcomes. You also need to provide a detailed methodology on how you will successfully implement the contract and what processes you will follow to ensure you provide a quality service over the full term of the contract.
- Biotechnology Companies: We have experience writing funding applications for biotechnology companies as well as grant applications to both the government, private and tertiary sector. Biotechnology companies are often involved in a range of research initiatives including the development of therapies, vaccines and other diagnostics tools. We have helped biotechs compete for government funding as well as contracts as well as make a variety of regulatory applications. This often involves working with head offices overseas to gather relevant information for a bid or grant application.
Pharmacy Chains and Retailers: The contracts available for pharmacy chains and retailers vary. Some of them are for the provision of pharmaceutical products and services whilst others are for the operation of pharmacies in hospitals as well as medical and healthcare facilities. We have helped pharmacies bid for government contracts and understand the importance of talking about service, responsiveness and accuracy in pharmacy bids. We have also helped pharmacies tender for contracts with local nursing homes for the supply of medicines and other products.
- Ancillary companies involved in the healthcare industry: There are many companies that submit tenders and bids in the healthcare industry that do not provide a specific health product. For example, we have assisted logistics and distribution companies, facilities management companies and telephone providers bid for work to the department of health and other private health facilities. In these bids, it is important to demonstrate a general knowledge of the health sector as well as an understanding of any health specific requirements within the tender response. This sets you apart from the competition and shows the reader that, for example, you are well aware of the unique challenges associated with conducting building and maintenance works in a hospital environment.
Our knowledge of the New Zealand health industry
Our team has experience writing bids and tenders to all 20 district health boards (DHBs) in New Zealand. The DHBs are generally responsible for planning, funding and providing health services in their geographic areas of responsibility. As such, when writing a proposal, you need to show an appreciation for the local challenges their local communities are facing and want addressed.
Some of the DHBs we have written proposals to include the Northland DHB, Waitematā DHB, Auckland DHB, Counties Manukau DHB, Waikato DHB, Bay of Plenty DHB, Lakes DHB, Tairāwhiti DHB, Hawke’s Bay DHB, Hutt Valley DHB, Capital & Coast DHB, Wairarapa DHB and the South Canterbury DHB. The individual districts have responsibility for all aspects of health services in their regions including hospital, mental health, primary care as well as the local implementation of any public health initiatives. We have of course also written bids and proposal to the Ministry of Health (Manatu Hauora).
What we can do to help you win more Ministry of Health and medicine and pharmaceutical contracts in New Zealand
We will employ the following strategies to help you win your next government contract:
- Identify opportunities: We will show you how to sign up to GETS (New Zealand Government Electronic Tenders) if you haven’t already subscribed. We will also send you alerts for any possible suitable government bids or tenders that align with your service.
- We will introduce you to potential partners for the purpose of developing joint venture partnerships, particularly for larger contracts This helps you broaden the types of contracts you can bid for.
- Provide a response that shows innovation. We will help you integrate innovative ideas into your bids that show how your services or products will better address specific health challenges and improve key outcomes. These, as well as other differentiators, will be expanded on as win themes and integrated throughout your bid.
- Ensure you comply with the mandatory requirements. We will work with you to review the tender and ensure you are eligible to bid for the contract. In addition, where you require supporting documentation to be developed, we can assist and have a range of precedents to draw upon. Finally, we will ensure you comply with safety, ethical, privacy and other standards that are specific to the health industry.
- Writing a localised proposal. Our team will work with you to write your response (and review your existing response if you already have a draft). We will take the time to localise your response and provide evidence for the claims you make within your proposal. In addition, we will take the time to write a compelling executive summary, tailor the profiles of your individual personnel and go into detail in case studies to ensure we clearly demonstrate the value you have provided in your contracts to date. We will also ensure you tailor your bid to any specific challenges in the Maori community. There is a health disparity between Maori and non-Maori populations in New Zealand with higher cardiovascular disease and diabetes within the Maori community. These, along with cultural considerations, need to be addresses in any bid or tender.
- Edit, write and present your document with professional graphics and infographics. We have an in-house graphic designer who can assist in ensuring your bid will be professionally presented.
- Project manage your response. With so many moving parts, bid management is a critical part of any bid or tender process. We can take the hassle out of the bid management process and assist you to manage your next healthcare or medical industry bid from start to finish.
Contact our team today to talk about how we can assist with your next bid.