Tender and Bid Writing Consultancy in Christchurch.
Tsaks Consulting is a leading New Zealand based tender writing and business development consultancy in Christchurch. We help businesses across the region write winning bids and tenders and respond to must-win RFT and RFPs.
Christchurch is a dynamic city with extensive reconstruction being undertaken since the Earthquake and a dynamic and robust local economy. With substantial procurement activity taking place, there are great opportunities for local and regional business to secure government and private sector contracts not only through construction tenders in Christchurch, but also other industries such as health, tourism and professional services.
Our team of bid and tender writers and proposal writing consultants are experienced in helping clients write a tender or bid and win contracts in all sectors. Whether you are a small business looking to secure your first bid or contract, or a larger company with an existing bid department that is understaffed or needs extra assistance, our prompt, responsive and professional service will meet your needs. We can also work with you to introduce AI and other bid management software to make your bids writing process more streamlined and efficient.
Our experience extends across a wide range of industries including:
- Facilities Maintenance
- Equipment Supply
- Transport and Logistics
- Professional Services (legal, accounting and recruitment)
- Trades and services
- IT and ICT
Our experience winning bids and tenders for our clients in Christchurch
Building maintenance company
A building and maintenance company had held a government contract for the past four years and was under stiff competition with the contract being put out to tender. They had met all of their KPIs and delivered a quality service to the client. A relatively large company, they had higher overheads and as such needed to charge a slight premium to the market in order to be profitable. On the upside, they provided a premium service, accurate reporting and had an outstanding IT solution.
- Highlighted the benefits of our clients IT solution.
- Assisted with gathering testimonials from the client throughout the term of the contract.
- Quantified the additional value-added services our client provided.
- Helped write a compelling tender proposal that focused on our clients strengths and developed a proactive plan to continue to deliver a quality services to the client.
Ultimately, they key was to sell on service and value. Not on price. Our client was successful in securing the contract and clearly communicated the cost benefits of their value-added services.
Professional Services (law firm)
Our client was a mid-tier law firm. Their in-hoes bid writer had recently left the firm and a substantial insurance client released a tender that was a must-win for the law firm. Approximately 15% of their revenue was from this client. We worked with the law firm to quickly understand their various practice groups and client mapping that had been undertaken to date. We reviewed the tender, gathered and tailored CVs, and cross-checked the requirements against their existing content.
Our team then identified an issue with the existing case studies. We coordinated with the Partners to introduce a more detailed approach to writing case studies where a structure of objective, issue, solution and outcome was adopted. This approach helped us integrate the key outcomes of the cases with the win themes introduced in the bid. These were:
- Cost effectiveness
- A hands-on approach to legal cases by Partners
- Expertise and specialisation in insurance law.
Our client was successful and commented about our service:
“Jason and the team from Tsaks Consulting have written many legal tenders in Australia and in New Zealand so it was quick and easy for their to understand our firm. The service was polished and professional and they identified an important gap in how our tenders were presented. We were happy with the experience, outcome and speed.”
How our tender writing experts can help you win
We provide a broad range of content marketing, bid writing and business development services including:
- Bid and tender writing as well as proposal writing support: We can assist with the entire process, or just a small part of the process. For example, our team can help write your bid from scratch. We can also review your bid and provide feedback should you require a fresh set of eyes.
- Drafting business proposals: We will quickly understand your business and can write professional, polished business proposals for all scenarios.
- Drafting capability statements: These are similar toa mini-tender and are great as a support to your business development activities. They help build credibility in the eyes of any potential client.
- Strategic marketing plans as well as business development coaching. We will leverage on our years of experience in marketing and business development to develop actionable plans that will guide your business growth. This includes running workshops for your team members.
- Info-graphics and graphics: We help make your bids and proposals look polished and professional. In a fast-moving world first impressions count. Although you may have a top quality service offering, sometimes other companies with flashy proposals can win bids. We ensure your proposal has a high quality look and feel and is a document that will be taken seriously by the reader.
- Tender coordination and bid management: For larger bids, such as major infrastructure projects, coordinating and managing the response process is a task in itself. We can take control of this process and release the stress of coordination for you.
We combine our industry experience with your technical know-how, and our expertise in drafting engaging content to deliver quality and engaging tender proposals and business documentation.
In addition to responding to tender questions that are industry and technical specific, we also have access to a range of content and information which will be utilised for you to respond to generic questions. These may include writing:
- WHS documentation
- Quality Management Systems
- Environmental Management Systems
- Modern Slavery Statements
- Covid Methodologies
- Building and Construction Methodologies
Our tender and bid writing consultancy in Christchurch delivers a strategic solution to your bid, with innovative ideas and fees that provide value. We service Christchurch and the wider Canterbury Region.
If you require assistance or support with your next bid or tender, or a review of your existing tender, call us today to discuss how we can help.